View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Changing so quickly 
All-star
All-star

Reading Ishmeal made me realize that our history is so short in the scheme of things. I think about the history that I can picture and that is the last 200 years. I see that we are rapidly destroying our environment. I am trying not to feel so negative, but it is hard after this book. What do you think the world will look like in another 200 years?

Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:37 am
All-star
All-star

I agree many things have happened in the last 200 years. And time passes so quickly or slowly, depending on the situation. If you are in college and having a great time, time moves so quickly. If you are sick and are unable to do things you want to do, time drags by. It makes me pause and ponder, just how long will eternity feel like in heaven or hell?

Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:55 am
All-star
All-star

It's hard to say where our world will be over the next several hundred years. I am in my early 20's and can see all the changes that have taken place just in the time I've been in the world. I am scared for what life will be like when I have children and by the time my children start growing up and have children of their own. I am scared for the children of tomorrow. We live in a world where compassion is a rare and passing thought, and where people don't fret over the consequences of their actions as much as they should. I can only imagine what destruction will be brought about over the next 200 years. I think if someone doesn't inact a serious change, then we are fated for the worst in the years to come.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:03 am
All-star
All-star

I am scared about what will happen in the next 200 years. If we don't seriously change our ways than our children's children will have to adapt to a world that could of been so different if we just took better care of the world around us. It might be small things but everything we do will help.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]