View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Help with Research 
All-star
All-star

I'm looking for research regarding education statistics that compare urban and rural literacy issues. I was wondering if anyone knows of any schools in the Raleigh-Durham area that would be considered "at-risk". I am not that familiar with the area and was hoping some of you NC State or UNC folks could help me out. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and have a great weekend!

Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:05 pm
All-star
All-star

I taught in Wake County for 6 years...at a great school in Wake Forest. The schools that were considered "at-risk" by people in the county that I knew were Garner High School, East Wake, downtown schools had some "at-risk" populations and some magnet programs. I am not familiar with any of the elementary schools. Hope this helps some!

Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:16 pm
All-star
All-star

I'm sorry that I didn't reply sooner. Thanks for your help, but due to time constraints and conflicting data, I opted to leave out some statistical information. I gave a presentation at UNC and was honestly a little afraid to use statistics that were so geographically close to the area where I was speaking. I also found that Watauga's statistics, both educational and economical, are skewed due to the fact that so many people from the university community also live in this county. The high education levels and incomes of the professors tend to mask the low education and low income of native Wataugans. At any rate, thanks again for your help! I'm sorry I didn't see it before so that I could have thanked you on Tuesday. Have a good weekend!

Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]