View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 House or Boat? 
All-star
All-star

I was curious as to what the rest of you thought about the concept of truth as a house or truth as a boat. I think that I tend to fall in the "T"ruth catogory. I think that truth can change like a boat, but it doesn't happen a great deal. Most of the time what I feel is truth is constant. So I guess I am some where in the middle.

Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:17 am
All-star
All-star

I think Jennifer's point about being able to show compassion even when someone else's truth isn't in line with your own beliefs was an important one. Like Ricky, I'm pretty much a "T"ruth person, and like Jennifer, I'm not going to turn my back on someone who has to face consequences because of a choice they made that doesn't coincide with my beliefs.

Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:40 pm
All-star
All-star

I think that I am probably both a T ruth person and a t ruth person depending on the situation. However, I feel that many of my most meaningful experiences occur when I am a t ruth person. I do agree that a T ruth person can feel compassion for others; but what about deep love, deep appreciation and tremendous respect for others who have different beliefs? I can think of many instances in my life in which I felt this love, appreciation and respect--in which I learned something very valuable about myself, the world and others that I do not think I would have learned if I saw myself as a T ruth person. My best friend growing up was of a different faith; she was/is Jewish. She went through her Batmitsvah the same month I was baptized and confirmed. We did so much more than attend each other's special celebration. We helped each other prepare-- I helped her memorize Hebrew; she helped me memorize N.T. scripture. I was so proud of her. I learned much about my own faith through her faith...through this experience. Could I have appreciated this experience and learned as much if I was a T ruth person? I don't know.

Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]