View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Sudbury School in Asheville, NC 
All-star
All-star

I was interested to see if the Sudbury School was still in existence, so I went to their web site. They are still an operating school, and what I found interesting was the link to other Sudbury Schools. There are several of these schools across the nation and in other countries like Japan and Canada. I was shocked to see that there is a Sudbury School that opened last month near Asheville in Fletcher, NC. It is called the Katuah Sudbury School. I am curious to see how well it is going to do. What do you think about its future success?

Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:21 am
All-star
All-star

According to national statistics, Asheville is growing by leaps and bounds right now putting it in the top 10 fastest growing cities in the U.S. for its size. It seems to be especially attractive to young, liberal families...at least it looks that way to me whenever I am there. I think if a school like Sudbury were going to flourish in the south it would almost have to be in an area like Asheville or Athens, GA. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it did really well.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:55 pm
All-star
All-star

I just sent an email to that school and asked if I could come by and check out their school sometime. I'm really interested to see what day-to-day operations are like at a school like that. I'll keep everyone posted as to what I hear back.

amy

Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:56 pm
All-star
All-star

Well, I will have to tell my husband. I can not believe that there is one in NC but what a great place for one. Asheville will probably be able to make it work. Amy I would love to hear about what you find out.

Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:08 am
All-star
All-star

I also think this will be an interesting place to visit. I was looking at their web page and it looks like a very nice building. I saw that tuition for the school is based on family income and is somewhere between $2500 and $8000 a year. I also saw from their links page that there are 32 other schools with this learning model across the U.S. and other European countries.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]