View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Was anyone else surprised with Rachel? 
All-star
All-star

I was really surprised with Rachel and how she stayed in Africa after she escaped with Axelroot. Was anyone else? I was also a little upset with the mother. I could not believe she left Leah there without much of a battle. It seemed. I would of been a little freaked after losing one daughter in Africa. Any thoughts?

Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:19 pm
All-star
All-star

I wasn't really surprised to see Rachel stay. I also think the mother had beaten herself up about staying with her husband as long as she had, feeling responsible for her daughter's death, dealing with the hardships they had to endure on a daily basis just to survive, knowing in her heart she chose one child over another during the ants escapade and that Adah also knew she was not important enough to be chosen, etc. that she had nothing left to give. I think self-survival kicked in and drove her to make those choices. She gave up and that is hard for us as young mothers to even fathom that we could do to our babies. I think she was desperate.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:51 pm
All-star
All-star

I wasn't really surprised to see Rachel stay. I also think the mother had beaten herself up about staying with her husband as long as she had, feeling responsible for her daughter's death, dealing with the hardships they had to endure on a daily basis just to survive, knowing in her heart she chose one child over another during the ants escapade and that Adah also knew she was not important enough to be chosen, etc. that she had nothing left to give. I think self-survival kicked in and drove her to make those choices. She gave up and that is hard for us as young mothers to even fathom that we could do to our babies. I think she was desperate.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]