View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 What Was Your Favorite Part of the Book? 
All-star
All-star

I really enjoyed reading The Poisonwood Bible. I think my favorite part of the book was the scene when Brother Fowles first met the Price Family. What about you? Did you have a favorite part of the book?

Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:23 pm
All-star
All-star

I enjoyed reading about the girls as they grew up and seeing what directions they took in life. It was interesting to see how their time in the Congo affected the course of their lives and their future careers.

Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:38 pm
All-star
All-star

I enjoyed reading the mother's perspectives in the book. I think it was very real and heartbreaking. Her frustration and feelings of being stuck in a marriage that wasn't healthy for her and her children were very well written.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:07 am
All-star
All-star

I enjoyed the entire journey. To see how it all turned out and how each person was effected by what they went through. The situation effected each person so differently. I really liked how the story was told by different people.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:01 pm
All-star
All-star

I enjoyed how they each told their own story. My favorite part was "Mother May I?", when Ruth May played with the other children and at her death when they paid tribute to her by chanting mah-dah-mey-I.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:18 pm
All-star
All-star

I don't have a specific favorite part, but I love the way it is written. I feel that you get to experience this through the thoughts of the girls and the mother. Made it so much more real and interesting.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:05 pm
All-star
All-star

I also don't have a particular favorite, but I did enjoy reading the novel. It took me a while to get into switching characters, but then I found myself enjoying some viewpoints more than others. My favorite character I think was Adah. I love the way her viewpoint was shown through her disability. I have never had the privaledge of looking at life through disabled eyes, even though she ends up adjusting very well to her surroundings.

Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]