View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Enraged!!!!!!!!!!! 
All-star
All-star

I am going to stop watching the news. I have found it extremely depressing and insulting. The things that are going up in price are the necessities that all citizens need. Gas, groceries, heating oil, and tobacco this isn't a necessity, but for many of the poor it seems to be) are all showing the worst inflation that I personally have seen in my lifetime. Ten years ago gas cost 99 cents a gallon. Now it has tripled. The oil companies are making a killing, and middle class is sinking into the realm of poverty.
We seem to be missing the point on financial freedom, and I am truly concerned about the sinking poverty level, and our citizens.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:33 am
All-star
All-star

I agree with you Douglas. These prices that are making someone rich are making it hard on the poor and middle class.
Linda Younts

Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:38 am
All-star
All-star

The more you try to get ahead, there is always something to hold you back. Until those with money feel the pinch in their pocketbooks, nothing will change.

Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:34 pm
All-star
All-star

I am not sure if this is true, but I heard that NC is number two in highest gas prices in the country. I heard that Florida was even less than we were. I couldn't believe that....our cost of living is supposed to be less than a lot of places (think New York).

Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:52 am
All-star
All-star

Those who have money rarely feel a "pinch" in their pocketbooks. The increase in prices goes back to our discussion a few weeks ago and how people will begin to do whatever it takes to survive. This affects the kids that we come in contact with everyday.

Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:44 am
All-star
All-star

I was in NY over the weekend and surprised to find the price of gas so much lower. Also, I read today that people left without jobs as a result of Katrina have lost their medical insurance and the government won't help. Medicaid can only go to the most impoverished. So we now have working class citizens without health care of any kind. The man in the article had colon cancer and could no longer get chemotherapy! On the same page I found the cost of fuel for the President to make his repeated trips to the gulf region???????

Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:24 pm
All-star
All-star

The saddest thing about the financial situation is that we will look back on these days and conditions and see them as the 'good old days'. That is very scary, too!

Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:15 pm
All-star
All-star

It is difficult to assess how much of the hoopla surrounding these increases are real, and how much is contrived by big business. It does not matter, we all have to pay the price.

Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:38 pm
All-star
All-star

What would you rather do? Cut out all civilized media? I find that watching or listening to a new person that lets you know what is going on around the world and does not seem to leave anything out quite refreshing. My favorite is the NPR news broadcast.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:58 pm
All-star
All-star

Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:42 am
All-star
All-star

I heard on the news last weekend that the gas companies reported a 30% increase for the last three months. I want to say "DUH"! That is because they hiked the prices!! And now, conveniently, fule oil is high for the winter. Thanks to big business for nothing.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]