View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Blond Haired, Blue Eyed EVIL 
All-star
All-star

Another story ran the other night about the blond haired, blue-eyed twins that preach white supremacy and hatred. They do a little dance around the schwastica (pardon my spelling here). We have an obligation as parens and teachers to teach our children about tolerance, equity and basic goodness towards others. These two twins were taught to hate and they will teach their children to hate. What an awful, hurtful and destructive message.

Winston-Salem, NC 27104

Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:25 pm
All-star
All-star

This is so hard to believe, that it almost seems these children are doing it for attention. Of course they are not, but I just cannot imagine kids being this way. It is sad how are kids are growing up and the type of influence they are getting from their parents.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:40 am
All-star
All-star

What is it about man that tends to re-enforse the attitude "that we all need somebody to look down on"?

Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:18 pm
All-star
All-star

Children bring to school what they learn at home. Fortunately these girls are vocal in their beliefs. It's the individuals who believe as they do and remain quiet that we need to fear. These students hold their feelings and fears inward and strike out in harmful ways.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:48 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree Donna. We do have an obligation as parents and as teachers to teach our children about goodness to each other. On the other side of that no matter what we (teachers) teach, the lessons that are being taught at home tend to over power lessons learned at school.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:34 am
All-star
All-star

I saw this story on TV the other day. I was dumb founded! To sit and watch these girls get exactly what they wanted made me very upset. They are getting plenty of TV time,(advertising) and showing the world what they believe, and probably getting paid for it! UNBELIEVABLE!

Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:39 pm
All-star
All-star

This is what the face of racism in America looks like. This is what any dictatorship or totalatarianship also looks like. These individuals portray that great old American girl look but have hatred and anger in their hearts. These are the people that help to promote racism why, because they are the kind of everyday American folks, no one can believe could hate if they don't have a reason. This is what is wrong with America, we follow the people that look right, talk right, but many are so corrupt and full of evil intentions that people don't see until it is too late. We need to teach our children and our society to focus on what people are saying instead of the status quo, because it could be a fatality on our part.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:35 pm
All-star
All-star

I feel sorry for these girls. It is unfortunate for a child to be reared in this direction. It may be a good thing that these girls are given a platform to speak. I am a firm believer that people can teach you two things, what to do and what not to do. Who knows, this may give other kids the opportunity to see how ignorant this way of thinking is and lead them to speak out against these girls. Our media thrives off of stories like this. We can't let two misguided girls take away from the good things that other youths are doing.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:52 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree with you Waltor about the lessons being taught at home overpower the lessons we are trying to teach at school. But you never know the effect you may have on a child and if children continue to hear the opposite view of what they are being taught over and over again by educators, who knows it might stick.

Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]