View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Ishmael 
All-star
All-star

The premise that the world was created for man to conquer and rule was interesting and made me wonder how different things might be if the opposite were true that man belongs to the world in service to others and manifested divine intentions. Does the world belong to man or does man belong to the world?

Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:38 pm
All-star
All-star

Johnnie Mae, you raise a very interesting point, which I believe our society battles against constantly. I believe that man belongs to the world. I believe our ultimate calling and our value, is based on our willingness to give to others. When we give to others we bring character, integrity, and honor to ourselves. I believe that is what the profession of education is all about and I also believe that to be our highest calling in life by a divine power.

Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:29 pm
All-star
All-star

I found that point to be very interesting as well. Over the years, man has given off the impression that the world belongs to man. I personally believe that nothing could be farther from the truth. We are only minute pieces to a much larger puzzle.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:21 am
All-star
All-star

This is a question I ponder myself- do I control my life or does my life control me? (Not just in the spiritual sense, but also in the sense of how I spend my time and what I value as important.) Clearly man has an obligation to protect the earth, and the earth has done her part to provide for our supplication.

Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:52 pm
All-star
All-star

I feel that we belong to the world. Have you ever wonder how everything was put in place for our benifit? We have everything we need to survive. But the human race is greedy. We don't respect the natural things that have been provided for us. Consequeuntly, our resources are running out.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]