View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Missionaries 
All-star
All-star

I have the upmost respect for missionaries, and the work they contribute. However my question is, do the missionaries respect the culture of the people that they are trying to help? We know from reading Poisonwood Bible, that Nathan was a fanatic, and that he thought that his way was the only way. Do you feel that missionaries impose they way of thinking as the only way to do things?

Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:27 pm
All-star
All-star

Nathan had his own way of doing things. I feel that as we have moved from stressful and biased time periods. I do feel that they should not go and try to force their beliefs on the people they are trying to help but learn from each other to make situations better.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:34 pm
All-star
All-star

I think that people who decide to devote their lives to missionary work do so yes in the hopes of not only bringing religion to these people, but mainly to assist these people in God's way by helping them to improve their lives thorugh the building of homes, education, etc.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]