View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Florida Teacher 
All-star
All-star

I don't know if anyone has followed the story of the Florida female teacher that had relations with one of her students. There are reports today that she accepted a plea deal and will not have to serve any jail time. Is this fair if the offender was a male? What she did to the child is not excusable. It shines a poor light on teachers and public education. What type of training did this person receive and should she have received a pschological evaluation before being hired. This really bothers me. Everyone has commented on how pretty she is. This should not be a factor. It seems that we have gotten our values twisted and we now have no where to turn. I hate to admit it but somewhere down the road she might end up as a pin-up in a magazine or we will make her famous for her wrongdoing in some way.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:06 pm
All-star
All-star

You're absolutely correct Candice. Someone will make a movie or write a book, and not only wiil she be famous, but rich too. Where are our values, when we let things of this nature go on?

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:03 pm
All-star
All-star

What strikes me is that when its a female teacher its all over the news and we then have books, movies, and updates. But the males guilty of the same thing are just flashed on the tv in a news brief - end of story.
Doesn't this say something about the double standard that still exists in this country?

Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:18 pm
All-star
All-star

They do make movies about males in this situation. Not that I am an expert on the channel Lifetime, but my wife watches movie after movie and well I kinda like them, but only in a matcho man sort of way.
There are alot of movies that deal with a sicko teacher having his way with a young teenage girl.
Wait a minute, this was not on lifetime it was on ... a .... well, there are alot of movies out there.

Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:54 pm
All-star
All-star

Sorry. I did not log in. That is my response under guest.

Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]