View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 How Our Society Perceives College 
All-star
All-star

Don't you think that it is interesting that our society looks at having a college education as the end all and be all of life. If you have a college education you are smart, you get a higher paying job, and you get more recognition. Not that these things aren't true to a certain extent, but I think that it is really silly to look at a teacher who has had a college education and say that he or she should be hired because they are "better" than a teacher who has worked in the field (with no experience other than years of trial and error and research about different teaching methods) for twenty years. That might not be the best example, but I hope that you all understand what I am getting at. I think that our society needs to remember that people can be smart and successful and hardworking with out ever setting foot in a college classroom.

Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:08 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree that a college degree does not equate to intelligence and success. There are so many things in our society I wish would change including the outlook on college.

Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]