View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Poll question 

Do you think that teachers should be required to give "standardized" tests that are made by people who probably have no idea what multiple intelligences are, that teachers and the test makers need to make tests that actually test the different m
Teachers should be required to give standarized tests like they have to now. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Teachers and test makers should get together to come up with a way of testing each of the different kinds of multiple intelligences? 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
We need to come up with some completely different way of evaluating students. 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3

Poll question 
All-star
All-star

Okay, I am going to try this poll thing too. Now, please understand that I can't really explain my question up there so I will do it here. If you remember from class (for those of you who were there) I stated that the reason I believed there is a paradox of multiple intelligences versus standardized testing is because teachers teach other teachers about multiple intelligences and the government and administrators (ie not teachers) require teachers to give standardized tests.

My question is: Do you think that teachers should be required to give "standardized" tests that are made by people who probably have no idea what multiple intelligences are, that teachers and the test makers need to make tests that actually test the different multiple intelligences, or that we need to find some completely different way of evaluating students?

Once you have answered the question, if you would like to tell us why you voted the way you did and what solutions you have in mind, I am sure that we would all be interested to know.

I look forward to seeing what you have to say.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]