View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 The Importance of Pajamas 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Pajamas are like rules. There is a big variety of them, but they are a necessary factor-in the classroom. Rules and PJs don't have to be restrictive or rigid. They can be free flowing and kooky looking, just as long as they cover the basics-like PJs. Bottom line-need structure, but it must allow you to move.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:03 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

That is a great way to put it Jaela. We all have pj's but we all have our own unique style. Life would be boring if everyone wore the same pj's.

Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:52 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Rules are like pjs. I think our entire teaching style cna be like pjs. Everyteacher is different. I know that I'm going to have a different teaching style and classroom management than anybody else. WE have to find what fits us best.

Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:43 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

It's so interesting to see you all chat about rules and teaching styles being like PJ's. I totally agree, that we all are different, have different PJ's, and therefore, different styles of teaching and disciplining. However, my comment, is that while most of you are going to have a class between 20 and 30, I will have a class between (depending on the school) 50-80. This is during the spring. During the fall when marching band is going on, I will have 100+ (again, depending on schools). The style of teaching and discipling is going to be completely different in this scenerio. Any suggestions for my PJ's?

Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:45 pm
Profile YIM
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Comparing rules to pj's is great. We will all bring something different to the classroom. Some will be more loose when it comes to disipline and other will be strick. In my classroom one of the only rules that I will be strick with is that all students show each other respect. But we are all different so what really matters is what style will fit our own personality

Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:45 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

When you have classrooms in which the number of students you teach fluxuates-then every now and then you are going to be wanting to rip out your hair and everyone elses. For you P.J.s, you definitely need a sense of rediculous every now and then. Something to lighten the mood that borders on tacky with fun patterns and bright colors. Even if your PJs are different from other teachers, just remember that everyone teaches differently and sometimes creating an uplifting kooky astmosphere is more important that style and finesse.

Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:27 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

In my early childhood class room I always have only two rules. Take care of the room and take care of each other. I guess these rules are like pj's. They can be interpreted in a number of positive, creative, meaningful ways.

Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]