View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 "Back of The Bus" 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

-- Rosa Parks, the woman whose refusal to move to the back of a
segregated bus helped launch the civil rights movement, dies.

Watch CNN or log on to http://CNN.com and watch FREE video.
More Americans watch CNN. More Americans trust CNN.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:34 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Rosa parks is someone that everyone learns about in school. She iss seem asa civil rights hero and having anyone die of that staus should be thought of. Whats interesting is that nobody is taught anything about her other than she refused to go the the back of the bus. SHe did have life other than that one day I wonder what else she did.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:38 am
All-star
All-star

I just read an article in one of my other classes about Rosa Parks. The article discussed the truth of the day she refused to go to the “back of the bus.â€

Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:39 pm
Profile YIM
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

That 's true, I read the same article and wow, I had no idea. She was already a powerful woman and so active in her community yet so much of her is mistaught. After her refusal to move further back than where she already sat, a great bus boycott began for a long time by the black community whic says alot for many had to walk a long way to work but they sacrificed much for the sake of justice.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:52 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree that much of what Rosa Parks goes untaught. I wish I had learned more about her when I was in school. But now knowing that she played a very active role in her community and the civil rights movement only makes me wonder why not put more of an emphasis on her accomplishments and teach that is the schools. But you always dread hearing that someone like her has pasted away because she is really another piece of history and a person of honor that is no longer among us.

Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:13 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have heard Rosa Parks referred to several times today on televison as "The Mother of the Civil Rights Movement." Most school age children only know her as the woman that refused to go to the back of the bus. I wonder if now history will be rewritten with the truth surrounding Rosa Parks, her life, her work, and her contributions? Or will she still remain the herion she has been protrayed in creative, almost fictional, story.

Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]