View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Some of Bill Cosby's actuall views!!! 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I found some of those comments that Cosby actually said;

In this view, Cosby is brave to admit that "lower economic people" are "not parenting" and are failing the civil rights movement by "not holding up their end in this deal." Single mothers are no longer "embarrassed because they're pregnant without a husband." A single father is no longer "considered an embarrassment if he tries to run away from being the father" of his child. And what do we make of their criminal children? Cosby's "courage" does not fail. "In our own neighborhood, we have men in prison.... I'm talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit. Where were you when he was two? Where were you when he was twelve? Where were you when he was eighteen, and how come you don't know he had a pistol?" Before he is finished, Cossby beats up on the black poor for their horrible education, their style of dress, the names they give their children, their backward speech and their consumptive habits. As a cruel coda, Cosby even suggests to the black poor that "God is tired of you."

Pretty harsh, but maybe a wake up call???

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:48 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have to say "god is tired of you" is a pretty harsh quote for cosby to say. I don't know if that is a wake up call.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:40 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

That's intense, having the children in prison and having no one to lean on, learning on the edge far from support or family values. Regardless of color, the roots of a children's upbringing is a big impact for good or bad and to understand that is complex enough when all these harsh crimes continue at a young age. That's hard.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:47 pm
All-star
All-star

I could not post a reply to this right away. I was shocked by the things Bill Cosby said about his "own" people. I had to think about first. I agree with you, Ainhoa, a child's raising is the biggest impact. I did agree with the comment "where were you when....?" Parents, no matter what race, need to know whats going on with their child.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:44 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

The information you have does seem harsh, while I don't know Bill Cosby personally and i don't know enough about his beliefs to form a strong opinion on this, this does come across as being harsh.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:21 pm
All-star
All-star

I can agree that is the last line was a little harsh. But the other stuff, right on.

Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:46 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I could be wrong but I always had the impression that the Cos' was more of an ambassador for his race. I think he is so fed up with the situation current poor blacks are in that his comments come out as more of a plea for a change than a bashing on his own race.

Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:33 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think your right Clint. I mean the Cosby Show was full of pro African American pride topics.

Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]