View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Men in Skirts 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I found this website very interesting. I guess women do wear almost everything a man wears in some style, but men don't really wear skirts. I guess another thing men don't usually do is carry a pusre.

Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:01 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

True, and men also don't wear high heels and lipstick, unless they are transvestite or something radical not seen daily in this area but maybe more in late night big cities around the world.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:05 pm
All-star
All-star

I also looked at the website but on the syllabus it said "What did Jesus wear?" Did anyone see anything about that...maybe I am not looking in the right place.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:10 pm
Profile YIM
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I can't believe the new style for boys around the middle school age is to wear girl's designer jeans with the low cut waist and eyeliner. That style is quite possibly the most worst and most feminizing I've ever seen... whatever happened to mullets and wranglers? Have any of ya'll seen this in the schools you've been working in?

Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:53 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have definitely seen and heard of more guy's wearing girls designer jeans. I had a guy in a class that wass wearing girl's long and lean jeans from gap, size zero. I was just taken back for a minute. Then after viewing this website it came so much more apparent that genders really do cross dress, borrowing styles from each other. The website was interesting.

Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:37 pm
All-star
All-star

A few guys where I work wear girl jeans. When I found this out, being my self, I asked, "What the hell are you doing and where did this come from?" I got two responses. One being, I cant find guy jeans that fit my 26' waist. The other being, "dude they make my ass look great"..... Not to long ago rock bands began wear women’s cloths. So, if you don’t like it blame it on them.

Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:08 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I don't really understand why guys wear womens jeans. BUT...if the shoe fits. I'm not a small guy, therefore, it would be painful for the rest of society to see me in girls low waist, boot cut jeans!!!! However, if I were smaller, I could potentially see myself wearing them. If you think about something Clint said earlier, "What happened to Wrangler's and mullets?" Wrangler's, from what I've seen, are extremely tight!! So what does that mean about Wrangler's in relation to women's jeans. I suppose, if you have the figure, the body, and the waist to do it, why not?

Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:36 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

I think when people start talking about fashion they must keep in mind things come and go. There are new trends, old ones recycled, ect. I don't necessary think wearing what society calls gender speific clothing alters one's sexuality. However, there are a few cases, like if a man wears a woman's bathing suit, this would be called abnormal, and people would look at that person differently, because it doesn't happen everyday. However i wouldn't classify them in any group sexually, however that too could be why they are wearing it. This is a sticky issue, in that it can deal with morals and values of individuals, and what they were brought up to believe, and what they are faced with. I'm rambling... so anyway like i said before with fashion things come and go, it seems just yesterday when i was like 6 leg warmers were in, and last winter i do believe i saw several people wearing them with flip flops in winter. Also those guys who wear woman's jeans they might wear men's designer jeans, as in runway material if they could afford it, because i'm sure those are made to fit them and show off their curves more so than the average "american" made jean.

Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:30 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I also looked at the website but on the syllabus it said "What did Jesus wear?" Did anyone see anything about that...maybe I am not looking in the right place.

I saw it to. Men in skirts unless its a kilt is unacceptable in our society. Thats the reason that so many transgender so much hate directed toward them.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:20 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Everyone is built different making jeans fit differently on everyone. I have to say that I have seen boys on Appalachian Campus wearing girls jeans I don't think it is just in high school. Most likely it is just a trend. There are a lot of trends that are out there in society with fashion, some are good and some are bad.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]