View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Student Teaching again 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Sorry everyone I forgot to log in before I made a post. Here is the post I submited again. :oops:

I know that some of you have another semester before you student teach and others will be student teaching next semester. But, what are some of the fears or worries that you are having? Also, what is something that you are looking forward to?

I know that one of the things that I worry most about is discipline. I hope that I can respond effectively to any disruption. One thing that I am looking forward is the opportunity to work with students finally. :)

Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:54 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Steven, I will be student teaching next semester. I have lots of fears. One of my biggest fears is the question, "Are they going to learn anything?" I'm not completely reassured in my abilities to teach. I think this is part of what student teaching is for though, to practice, before you actually have to take on the full responsibility of teaching. Another fear I have is my general relationship with my students. Are they going to like me? Are they going to listen to me? Are they going to respect me? I think if you go in, showing them that you respect yourself and them, they will do the same. Working at the Student Director of Orientation this summer, I learned to respect my Orienteers, and they respected me. If I give, they will give. One of my activities to learn name is, I am taking in packs of construction paper. I am asking each student to take a piece of construction paper home, write their name on it, put a picture on it if they want, and on the back, their instrument. Then when they come to class, they will fold it in half, showing me their name from the podium, so I can easily see their names as I am looking at them from the podium.

Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:54 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]