View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Elite Powers-Who's running this nation? 
All-star
All-star

Has anyone else thought it interesting that the elite powers that make up most of the major decisions in education and in other realms of our lives may have gotten their Ivy League degree by only having to accumulate the required number of hours, having nothing to do with their own competencies? Most of the elite powers would fall into the age group in which Lehmann begins his book with. Humph, lets see, could that include the president?
Sorry about that ladies, and I am not a total Bush hater! :lol:
My question is, "Who's running this nation?"

ALL STUDENTS DESERVE THE CREAM!

Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:40 pm
All-star
All-star

Teresa, You might find this humorous. While recently discussing grades, my boyfriend stated, "The "A" people work for the "B" people, and the "B" people work for the "C" people. It's that way all the way to the top!" After reading this, all I can say is "How completely accurate is that statement"!

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:55 pm
All-star
All-star

Teresa, it sounds to me like the higher ups do not have a whole lot of common sense. If they did, they would realize that testing does not show the true picture of what a student can really do. We see this every day with our own students. One day, the whole testing philosophy is going to blow up in their faces. I for one will be the first one to laugh and say I told you so. :lol:

Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]