View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 A Hope in the Unseen 
All-star
All-star

I have been reading about Cedric Jennings in A Hope in the Unseen. This has been a good read so far and flows more like a story. Reading about Cedric and how he feels alone and isolated in his own school and then when he attends Brown University reminds me of going through school myself. From a very early age (elementary infact), I remember feeling self-conscious and wondered if I fit in, even though I had a lot of friends. Do you think everyone feels the same way as Cedric did at least at some point in their life?

ALL STUDENTS DESERVE THE CREAM!

Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:40 pm
All-star
All-star

I definitely think that everyone feels this way at some point, however some people may feel it more often, or it may have a deeper impact on some. Reading about Cedric also reminds me of the girl (can't remember her name) in the video that was attending the elite high school. I am not quite finished with "Hope" but am excited to see how everything turns out.

Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:54 pm
All-star
All-star

Teresa, I most definitely think everyone can identify with Cedric. Whether you were a straight A "perfectionist" in high school or if you struggled to barely get by, or if you were not popular, I think we all know how it feels to be on the outside looking in. In college I was an "RA" (Resident Assistant) in the infamous Frat and Sorority dorm. With the exception of my roommate, I was the only non-member who lived on that floor. Talk about feeling self-conscious! The members shopped together, had all their classes together, and yes, partied and went out together. Please don't get me wrong - they were all pretty nice to us non-members, and I had no desire to join the group, but there was definitely a sense of isolation there, for my roommate and myself.

Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]