View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Secondary Ed. People 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Since I am almost finished, I started talking to a friend of mine about everything we have gone through to be education majors, and what I was wondering is, if you guys could do it over again, would you be Secondary Education Majors, or just History or English majors and do Lateral Entry? From what we were talking about, I know my stuff when it comes to the basics behind English, but past that, I am a little worried that I am not knowledgeable enough. So I was just wondering if any of you had thought about that, in hindsight I guess.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:04 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

That is actually a great thought Ann. Since you and I are both English majors I totally see where you are coming from. I don't think I would have changed how I have done things though. I think that for the most part I have taken a lot of courses that will benefit me in both the College of Ed and the English department. But of course, I do know that there are tons more English classes that I would love to take too, but my schedule doesn't allow it. So I guess I wouldn't change the path I've taken.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:34 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Even though I am an Elementary Education major - I know where you are coming from. I wouldn't change the classes I have taken but I would like to have added a few "fun" courses. I think that I am very prepared to go out and teach even though I'm scared to death. I would do it all over agian because of the professors I have had that touched my life more than teaching me materials but the exams and cramming period - would NEVER do that over agian!! :lol:

Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:51 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Amanda, that is a wonderful thing to cherish, and once you said that I started to think back on all of those professors that have definitely changed my life, one in particular...James Ivory...if any of you still have to take an English course...please take him. Had I not been required to take a British Literature course, I would have never met him, so that is a great way of looking at it. Its also nice to know that other people are a little terrified.

Tue May 02, 2006 4:30 pm
All-star
All-star

I would love to say that I would do it all over again, but honestly I do not think I would. I feel like I have forfeited a lot of content by taking so many education classes, most of which I did not learn much from (CI 3850). I am very afraid that I am going to go into the classroom and not have the content that I should have. I wish I could take more history classes. I think that lateral entry would be my path of choice if I could do it again.

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you'll be criticized
anyway" ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Wed May 03, 2006 1:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]