View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Test Scores 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Should test scores be the way to grade a school? If not, what should they use instead?

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:19 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This is such a hard question to answer. I do not agree that test scores are the way to grade a school. I do think though when "grading" a school the entire package needs to be looked at. This includes every aspect of the school from the teachers, faculty, students, and even the physical aspects of a school. If a school does not have the same materials as other schools, then more than likely they will not have the same test scores. If they are not able to experience the same hands on science experiments, read all the same books in the library, or have the same use of the computer, then their test scores are obviously going to be lower because they can't experience the same things that other students can at the schools that have all the benefits. Again I don't really know how to "grade" a school unless, professionals visit every school and monitor activity and ask questions directly to persons in the school without the questions coming across as test questions.

Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:43 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I believe that test scores aren't the best way to grade schools but it is a way to TRY to keep everyone on a level playing field. As Kristina said though, how can you test students that may not have all the same advances as other students. I don't see this as something that will happen but wouldn't it be nice if every school had the exact same materials and teachers with the same education levels - then maybe the test would stand as a decent way to grade students. And maybe the test would be grading the students and not necessarily what the students had in the their schools or didn't have to learn materials.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]