View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Out of the loop 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

The more and more people I talk to, the more it seems that everybody is out of the loop. Why can't the RCOE get the necessary information to all students who are attending classes within it? It honestly cannot be that hard to give all education majors the necessary information. I feel that if I had spent more time in Edwin Duncan I may know a bit more about everything that has to get done, but couldn't they at least keep our academic advisors informed. I know this is turning into an anti-RCOE rant but it seems like every single day, I find out about something new that I was supposed have done three months ago. Hopefully I make it out of here alive.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:29 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Bobby, I agree with you completely. Before the last day of class I hadn't even heard of a telefolio (supposedly we all have to have one). It is kind of scary that I am already going to be a senior, and I have never really talked to someone who is truly in the know about what it takes to be a teacher if you are not a teaching fellow. RCOE needs to get on the ball, man.

Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:44 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Most of you already know my position on this conversation, so I won't go on and on about it. But it is frustrating, and I think that I have come up with a solution. In the English department, I get an email from some lady informing me about everything that is going on: from scholarships, to publishing interests, to awards, to advisors. Would it really be that difficult to send an email out informing the Secondary Ed. majors what the hell is going on? Really...that is what I think they should do, is it really that hard? I think not!

Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:58 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Overall, RCOE stinks. I am an elementary education major and I really have no clue about what is going on. I may find out more when I get in block but it's ridiculous that I have to wait until I'm a second semester Junior or already a Senior (which is my case) to know what is going on. Like we said in class, no offense to any Teaching Fellows, they are the ONLY ones that know what is going on. Ann - your idea is GREAT about an e-mail. I mean how hard would it be to just type up one e-mail and send out a mass mailing to all of us - regardless if we are a Teaching Fellow, Elementary, Secondary or High School?

Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:08 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I am disappointed with the general advising myself. When I was a freshman I took 3 classes that will not even count for anything. I basically wasted almost a whole semester because I was advised incorrectly. Then I got to into the College of Education and I was behind. But I wasn't so far behind that I couldn't catch up. But my advisor in the RCOE tried his hardest to keep me behind and I really don't appreciate that. The RCOE and the advisors in it really need to step it up.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]