View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Why are girls doing better than guys these days with grades? 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Going off of what was said in another post - why are girls stepping up and doing better with their grades and taking more AP classes than guys?
Here's what I think - let me know what you think too!!

Girls are doing better these days than guys, I believe because we are feeling more in charge and challenged. Guys have always been the head honchos at everything from sports and grades to jobs in the real world. Nowadays, girls are listening to that inner voice telling us that we can beat any guy at anything, if we try hard enough and I think this is coming out in school with our grades. Guys, well in my high school, were always the macho super cool kids, and girls, no matter how well they were in sports or anything else, weren't idolized as much. Girls had to step up to the plate scholastically just to have an even playing field. Basically, we just think we can do anything a guy can do!! :lol: Therefore; we are now doing better in school just to try to keep up with the guys.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:30 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I completely agree with you Amanda. As a girl I have been told my whole life that I have to try harder than the boys. I have always felt that I am coming from behing just because I am a girl. Men have always gotten the better jobs and have always been considered stronger and better. So girls have smartened up and began making better grades in school. Maybe if we continue to do better in school then this idea will change.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]