View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Most important grade 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This was just a question I was thinking about while reading all of the other posts. What is the most important time in a childs life? What I mean by this is.... When do kids find these things out about themselves? When do they know that they are gonna do well in school? When do they realize that they they aren't gonna do well in school? I don't personally know the answer to this question because all children are different. But i believe that it is earlier than anyone would imagine. I hate that children know when they are in early education that they are never gonna succeed. What does everyone else think?

Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:41 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I really don't know when students figure out that they are good or bad in school or will fail or succeed, but I do know that regardless of when that age is - teachers should always try to encourage students that they are going to succeed. I think I knew early on, like third grade that I was smart (not to sound conceeded) but that I knew what was going on in class quicker than others. I think once students start getting tested with end of grade tests, they begin to figure out at least, how they measure up with other students.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]