View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Unaccepting Christians 
All-star
All-star

This has been up for a while now, but I was reading/studying the parable that was discussed earlier on this thread about the rich man in Mark 10. I have also read that the word for camel can be translated to something like a coarse or twisted thread. I agree, it is not impossible for a rich man to get to Heaven, but Jesus is teaching us that there is nothing we can do for ourselves to get to Heaven. In this case, the man's riches are what have been keeping him from having a relationship with God. We can't earn a spot in eternity, its a free gift of God. Everybody can afford something that is free & thats the beauty of it. Even the disciples in this passage were kind of shocked that Jesus said its hard for a rich man to get to Heaven, but when you get down to it, Jesus is trying to get us to rely on God instead of relying on our worldly riches. We've just got to make the choice to leave everything behind & follow God.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:02 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have been thinking about his topic alot and what I might say, so here they finally are: First off Anna -Kate you are right everybody and anybody can be REDEEMED through him. Him being Jesus Christ who died on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins so that we may have eternal life. Therefore as believers we recognize the fact that we are sinful and we need the Lord's forgiveness to live eternally. Now I ask you this, can a murderer walk around claiming to be a believer, but continue to murder and find no shame in his sin. Same goes for a drunkard, a theif, a prositute, an adulter. All are able to be redeemed through him, but when we don't recognize we are sinful we don't recognize the Lord that died for us to give us life. My sin is no less than a homosexual's or a bisexual's, and through my sin I am doomed to Hell, but because I believe that God sent his only Son to die on the cross for the forgiveness of my sins, I am saved and will live eternally in heaven. This is the Christain belief and does not exclude anybody. So what about the UNACCEPTING homosexual or better yet the UNACCEPTING sinner. I am sure that there are plenty of people who had homosexual tendencies here on earth in heaven, along with the murderers, drunkards, theifs, sexually imoral; but they recognized that they were sinful and turned to the Lord for his, love, mercy, strength and his most of all his forgiveness. They ACCEPTED the gift that was given as a sacrifice of our Lord so that we could spend eternity with our Father above.

And let us not confuse beliefs with the rights given to us in this counrty.

What Up Homeslice!

Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2