View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 land of the free 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

What are your thoughts on living under a government that deems it acceptable to tell us who we can and cannot marry, where we can and cannot pray, how much of a substance we can have on our person before it is illegal? Is this really the "land of the free"?

Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:41 am
All-star
All-star

No government can deny the rights of any group of citizens under their rule indefinitely.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you" - Nietzsche

Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:28 am
Profile WWW
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

The USA is the closest thing to being in a "land of the free". Even though people's rights are constantly getting trampled on, we have many freedoms that no other society in the world has.

Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:48 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Scott you are right on, we onl know freedom! We have no idea what it feels like to live in a counrty that we can not escape or we will be put to death. Or put to death because of our beliefs or because of what another believes. For the most part we roam about this country and this world in freedom and we feel safe, why because we are AMERICAN! Other countries hate us because to some extent they are envious of what we have become. Yeah we disagree with our government at times but what other government actually takes the time to listen to their people! Comprared to others we are by far the land of the free and that is why our country is so diverse because every wants to be free! The problems that immigrants have here are so small compared to what they did have.

What Up Homeslice!

Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:38 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think although American is definately more free than some places, there are other countries doing a better job at balancing government and freedoms. I understand the need for safety in monitering drug consumption but who is going to be really harmed if two men are legally married? There are many issues that our goverment controls that I feel it has no right to touch. We have unprecedented freedoms in America but I still feel like we could have more and still maintain an order that is uniquely American.

Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]