View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 with all of that said... 
All-star
All-star

i know this is a little generic, but we've talked a lot about so many different issues in this class, i would really like to see if anyones opinions about certain things have changed since this class or if it was just an opprotunity for people to try to enforce their opinions on other people...holla.

my foot is asleep.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:28 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I can't think of anything off of the top of my head that my opinion has changed on,but I have more respect for other people's viewpoints I think.For instance,the transgendered lesson didn't change my mind from thinking that its strange,but it gave me an idea of why they do it and I have more respect for the lifestyle now.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:48 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think this class has been really important to become educated on issues that we may not have thought much about or not completely understood. I think it's been great being able to talk about different educational issues and listen to viewpoints similar and different than ours. I learned about events that I had no idea occured, such as Mylai. (sorry if i spelled that wrong.....). I have definately appreciated learning about different people's viewpoints and opinions about issues. This has helped me understand where people are coming from and how to best address issues in the classroom. As far as fundamental beliefs, none of that has changed, I think it has definately caused my beliefs to strengthen because you have to really question- what do I think? what is right? why do I believe this? But, I think my understanding has changed and I think I've learned how important it is to really listen to people in order to understand.

:-)

Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:19 pm

I don't think classes like this one change my opinion about too much but they do open my eyes to issues I don't typically think of when I hear the word 'diverse'. I think the biggest change I see in myself is how I look at issues from many different sides, such as the student, parents, peers, the school, etc. We have been told how important diversity is in our classrooms and how important it is to include all students but I sometimes forget about how the parents are affected and how I am going to deal with situations involving parents.

Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]