View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Technology Portfolio 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I was recently with a group of education majors from many departments, and the question was asked, "If you could change one thing about your program/the education department, what would it be?" One thing that many people commented on was the technology portfolio. Many said that it was pretty much a waste of time. What is your opinion on it? One thing I definitely believe is that it's a waste of paper. Why not turn it in on a cd? I'm taking a technology class this semester and I've learned a lot about different programs and such. But, writing the rationales is SO redundant. I mean, come on! Writing a whole page about using Word to create a document?! That's crazy.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:53 am
All-star
All-star

Amy makes pretty good points. Why not turn it in on a cd. It would save a lot of paper, money for the student creating the portfolio, and office space for the professors who have to grade them. I know most of the PE majors share the opinions of Amy, but think about it in another way. It is another way to help display that we are competent in many areas of education and technology. It will be a great resource to show principals and superintendents when we are job searching. Right now we think that it is pointless, but in the future we will think that it is wonderful, especially if it helps you land that perfect job.

U CAN, UCONN

Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:19 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think that the whole thing is pretty rediculous. personally i don't know how you could even make it through college without using all of those programs at one time or another. yet we have to turn it in before we graduate, all i know is that it was a big waste of time for me, it should probably be done away with unless it is actually teaching something but it's not.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]