View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 private or public 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

With what you know currently about public and private schools which would you rather teach in? Why? As future parents where would you rather send you children? Why?

Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:41 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Public school would be my answer for all three.I think in a private school,its very possible for a child to NOT get exposed to what things are like in the real world.I want my child to go to a diverse school with different sorts of kids.I want to teach in public school partially due to the pressure that goes with teaching in a private school.When parents are paying for education,often thousands upon thousands,they are sure to be more demanding and irritated if their student isn't doing well.

Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:19 pm
All-star
All-star

i would like to teach in a public school, and i want my kids to go to one too...there are pros and cons to everything but i think my experience in public schools growing up has made a lot of difference with regards to who i am today...and im pretty freakin awesome. hootiehoooo.

my foot is asleep.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Public schools all the way. They are representative of the community as a whole, and since school is such a major factor in a child's socialization, I think it's important to make sure they grow up in the real world. Private schools may have their benefits for some, but my circumstances would have to change drastically for me to consider them.

Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten. ~ B. F. Skinner

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:32 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

i grew up in public school. i had a friend that went to a private school that was very small. i cannot say which i think is better because i don't know anything about private schools. i can say it would SEEM to me that public school would be more beneficial for students before getting into the world and being on their own. they are surrounded by all types of people and things that give them more experience. i will send my students to public school because i know how much i enjoyed it and how i did not find much of a change moving from high school to college. i felt i was ready for just about anything.

in the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:34 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I would rather teach at a public school because the parents would be more laid back at these schools. I'm sure im gonna get into trouble a lot when i start to teach but at a public school hopefully it wont be as much. I would send my kids,if i ever have any, to both a private and a public. That way they will get to see what both experiences are like.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:26 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I would rather teach at a public school because the parents would be more laid back at these schools. I'm sure im gonna get into trouble a lot when i start to teach but at a public school hopefully it wont be as much. I would send my kids,if i ever have any, to both a private and a public. That way they will get to see what both experiences are like.

That....and also the fact that as Teaching Fellows...we would owe about $30,000 if we teach in a private school! :shock:

Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]