View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Erin Brokovich 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

As I read the book I couldn't help but think of Erin Brokovich. These people need someone like her to come to the rescue.

Secondly, I felt ashamed that we as Americans are helping and aiding so many people in other countries while our own suffer. How sad is that? We need to take care of our own before we rescue the rest of the world!

Mon May 29, 2006 1:59 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

That is exactly what I thought about as I read the first couple pages. I can't believe that schools like this are in America. We should really be ashamed of ourselves for allowing this to happen. Someone needs to do something about this. But who?

Mon May 29, 2006 2:11 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

People need to rise up and buck the system. Things were changed that way in the 60's and 70's. We need more grassroots movements in which citizens are determined to make a difference in the lives of students. It may take years to see the difference. It was disturbing to read this material and even more disturbing that there have been many good people who have worked hard to stop this inequality and that it still exists. What can we do?

Mon May 29, 2006 7:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]