View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 An outrage! 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

How in the world can the government allow this to go on? I thought we had passed the majority of the racism issues in America, but apparently not. It sounds as though we have barely scratched the surface. These poor students living in the slums and then going to school in even worse conditions. This is truely shameful. And it is even worse that these students see how middle-class, white students are treated just around the block. Can't we do something about this? America is trying to solve the world's problems when we need to focus on some of our own-such as these schools. I can't believe that some of the school systems get away with taking money from the poor schools and giving it to the wealthy schools. That should not be allowed. This is an outrage. I can't believe this is taking place in America. I feel truely blessed to work in a place that has working bathrooms, heat and air condition. I am also blessed to have such a nice home. It is sad that we take what we have for granted when children are going to schools where the ceiling is falling in and the sewer is running everywhere. We should thank God everyday for what we have.

Mon May 29, 2006 4:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]