View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 ACT vs. SAT 
All-star
All-star

I thought the ACT was easier. How about you guys! 8)

Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:28 pm
All-star
All-star

Post SAT
I did not know I had a choice? I thought you took the ACT if you were going into the military. I took the SAT back when you could scratch the answers into the dirt with a stick. I know it must have changed a lot since then.
On the same line of thought, why did we have to take the MAT to get admitted to this program if the score did not matter anyway? What was the purpose? I studied, bought test-prep books, and did all the practice items. I did not want to embarrass myself with a pittiful score.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:03 pm
All-star
All-star

I took the SAT in 1981. I got a 940 (how can I remember that?????)......then took the GRE about 6 years later and got a much higher score (can't remember it right off - Cedric in the Hope Unseen would be disappointed I couldn't quote it verbatum). I blew the lid off the Praxis and then for our graduate program; I had to take another test because my GRE scores had expired. I chose to take the Miller Analogies Test....what a joke. I took the free way out by going to the Psych. Testing dept. and taking it twice - once with pencil and paper and once 15 minutes later on computer. I scored so low, I wondered why they didn't bill me anyway! :P If all of these test my intelligence or aptitude for such, how can I be on a roller coaster of success and failure?

Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Sorry!! The last comment was made by me- Nicole Atkins. I forgot to log in. I can tell it's Monday.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:10 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree Stella. I was a straight AB student all through school and took advanced courses, but when it came to the SAT I did aweful. I took it about three times and finally got a decent (not good) score. This test just shows which students take tests well, not intelligence.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:50 am

ACT actually saved my ROTC career. You are evaluated on the SAT and if you don't have a high enough SAT score they look at your ACT score. I have never been a good test taker and I took both in high school (plus by then I new I was going to be in the military). I did not have a high enough score in the SAT but ended up scoring better on the ACT format. I'm glad there was the option in good ol' McDowell High.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:53 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Please allow me to reply to my reply! That last comment belonged to me! Maybe I'll figure out how to get permanently signed in on this thing!!!!!! :lol:

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I only took the SAT and did terrible. I took the NTE when I finished college. I studied for the MAT like Amy did. I think I had an out of body experience while taking it. I was so nervous that I couldn't concentrate. I couldn't remember anything that was on the test after it was over. I made OK. But I am not a good test taker. I'm sure our students feel the same way when they are taking tests.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]