View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 memories 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I loved reading the section about Cedric going to college in "A Hope in the Unseen." It brought back many memories of when I went to college. With his mom making the bed for the last time and them grabbing a bite to eat after organizing the room. The goodbye and the mom yelling out the car at her son. My mom is wonderful, but can be soooo embarrassing. I will never forget what happened the day my parents moved me in at ASU. Most of my stuff was in the room. Dad had gone to get the last load. Mom was outside for some reason and out of the blue I hear someone screaming "TRACIE, TRACIE". I am pretending not to hear. Some of the girls on my floor ask if that is my mom yelling. I pretend that it isn't. How embarrassing that she was yelling from outside my dorm all the way up to the fifth floor. But that's my mother. She's fearless that way.

Even though she can be embarrassing, she is wonderful just like Cedric's mom. "She carefully places a dozen new pairs of underwear, a dozen new pairs of socks, and six new T-shirts (clothes bought with money she didn't have to spare) onto closet shelves." (p.163). Isn't it funny that no matter how poor a mother is-she will find a way to take care of her child- no matter what. I guess I will do the same when I am a mother. Do any of you mothers out there have a comment about this?

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]