View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 That's a Wrap! 

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's responses and posts although it has been difficult to keep up with what everyone is saying and trying to respond in a sequential order. Some of you guys are posting pros and have a lot to say. :D

The discussions and their relevance to the novels has been enlighting and at times, entertaining. I am anxious to let my husband read about the cultural oddities of Nacirema. I think my brother would enjoy The Poisonwood Bible, Ishmael, and Savage Inequalties. Although, I'm afraid to loan these books, for fear that they might not be returned.

I do think Savage Inequalities should be a required read for undergraduate teaching students.

It has been enjoyable.
Charlotte :wink:

Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:38 pm
All-star
All-star

We have enjoyed being in class with you as well. Best wishes taking care of our little baby. We'll expect to see you and find out the baby gender this fall! All of his/her aunts in the cohort will want to spoil him/her, I'm sure!

Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:33 am
Profile WWW
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I too have had fun ladies- I just wish we would have had longer to consider the meaning of some of these great reads... I know we all have lives that we want to get on with, but it is just a little disappointing to hurry through a class as awesome as this and then to have to tolerate a SEMESTER of a class like... history! You guys have been great thought provokers and I appreciate everyones thoughtfulness and respect for their classmates and students (another reference to last semester- but we are not a group to complain now are we?). Gayle- I wish we would have had more time, but what time we had was wonderful. Perhaps we will meet again soon. And so now I'll leave you with a parting quote:

"Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

An awesome friend of mine shared that with me on my Yellowstone trip. I still cried, mind you- but I smiled through the tears. Have a great summer girls- and take some time to relax and have fun in the sun! 8)

Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]