View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Challenge Day 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

When I got home on Thursday about 4:30 I turned on Oprah and saw the end of an amazing episode. It was about a new program called "Challenge Day" where students in (usually) a class come together and accept their differences. I just caught the end of the show, but it was so moving that I was crying...along with Oprah and everyone else there. It talked about everything that we have talked about it class basically. There were students standing up and saying that they were raised in a broken home, and all of the struggles they had been through and no one ever knew. There were other students standing up and saying how they had made racial remarks that they saw now as really hurtful when they thought they were joking. There were even teachers standing up saying how they were sorry for ever embarassing a student in their classroom. It was just amazing to see high school seniors come together like that, and be willing to open up their lives and minds to their peers. I just had to share this. If you get the time please go look at the website, and if you saw that episode I would love to hear what you thought about it. That show makes me want to go back to my high school right now and do this program.

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/20 ... 1109.jhtml

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]