View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Cedric Jennings 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Three years ago Cedric Jennings came and spoke at convocation. I don't remember too much about the speech, but I do remember being disappointed with it. He seemed to just talk about all the great things he had done in his life, and not really give any motivation or hope to others. I was just wondering who else saw him speak and what their thoughts were about it.

Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:57 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I saw him speak. I remember that I wasn't real impressed either because it seemed like he just retold his book, which I had already read. So I mean I think he has an awesome story but I do know what you mean. I was hoping for more!

Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:04 pm
All-star
All-star

Yea, I wasn't impressed. But speeches and books are different from how speakers and writers interact in their day-to-day lives, so who knows ...

Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I remember thinking the same thing as Meghan. He told us his story (which we'd already read) but gave no motivational input. I feel like he should certainly have some motivational words after all he went through to get his higher education. And I kind of feel like he should have known that from a public speaking background, assuming this wasn't his first time ever talking to a group. That has really had a bad impression on my feelings about the book, i must admit.

Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]