View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 et 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Post et
I was watching Entertainment Tonight the other day and was shocked when the entire show was basically about women's plastic surgery and eating disorders. I am not for plastic surgery unless someone has something horribly wrong with them. There was one woman on there that was basically addicted to plastic surgery and had changed everything about herself, it was disgusting. Women having breast implants, nose jobs, etc....... There was a 12 yr old girl that was anorexic and ate PAPER to substitute for food. However, as I was watching the show, I caught myself thinking of all the things I could change about myself to look better. As much as I am against this I am sad to say that when I was watching this I got caught up in all the hype of what beauty is and started thinking about all of my faults. It is sad that women and men too have so much pressure on them to feel attractive and result to extreme measures to try to achieve this.

Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:46 pm
All-star
All-star

this is just a funny reply, but I love the movie romie and Michelle. And in that movie one of the girls was big in high school and then she had mono and lost all the weight. So in the movie she is on a jelly bean diet and she comments about how mono was the best diet ever. and without even thinking of what I was doing I was remember all the times when i get sick and how great i feel afterward b/c I have been too sick to eat anything and have dropped , what, like 2 lbs? And then I remembered when i first saw that movie how my friends used to joke how we WANTED to get mono. Just thought that was weird how the minds work sometime. Maybe it is just mine.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:14 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I find this topic interesting because I work at a children's home. A lot of the times my children tell me what they want their lives to be like once they leave and more times that not when they tell me they want to be rich and I ask what they want to spend the money on, they start telling me about what parts of their body they want to look different and how they are going to have enough money to pay for the surgery to fix it. We try to talk to the children about this and how everyone is special just the way they are, but it still amazes me that these children's minds have already been conformed that way of thinking.

Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]