View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Health/Physical Education in the Classroom 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This has nothing to do with what we discussed in class but I find it to be an important topic in today's school setting. So many children and oevrweight and obese and the government wants to take physical education out of the curriculum. I think with the number of children watching tv and playing video games in today's society that pe and health are very important subject at all ages. What do you think?

Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:25 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I just wanted to say that I think it is such a horrible idea to take out Pe/Health out of the curriculum or even recess in elementary school for that matter! I just did a project on the effects of the media on food that influences children for my technology class and I had to survey the class. Out of the fourth grade classroom that I surveryed, I shocked by the number that 10 were what I considers to be heavy or overweight children....just something to think about. Also in my group we noticed that their are more overweight children as they get older, and also that is when recess it taken out too.

Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]