View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Northwest N.C. has three of most-improved schools!!! 
All-star
All-star

Quote:
Hardin Park has been a school of distinction, a category that includes schools that meet their expected growth and have more than 80 percent of their students at grade level, since 1996-97, said Mary Smalling, the school's principal. Last year, 90.8 percent of the school's students were at or above grade level.

Boone, North Carolina's very own Hardin Park Elementary School has been declared to be one of the most-improved schools in North Carolina. Known to be on high demand for ASU student internships and student teaching, Hardin Park Elementary is the sole public elementary school in the town of Boone. The great improvement was done all through tutoring and Saturday-school programs, both of which were available to any student wanting to academically improve. This should serve as exciting news for those who plan on doing future internships or student teaching at HP!

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:13 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Wow that is really cool. I think the college of education's presence in the schools around Boone has had a positive impact for students and us. I learned more about teaching in my internship than I did in any class

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]