View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
All-star
All-star

:? I'm a little confused about this avatar thing. I get an error message whenever I try to add a picture in there. Tinkerbell didn't work. Bert didn't work. And they are both small--actually icons--so perhaps someone else has figured it out and can help.

Randy evidently did NOT since there is a big X where he must have thought a picture would be :lol: :lol: :lol: . Isn't it fun to pick on Randy on the board?

:?: :?: And by the way, ladies: He is single. Anyone want to start a thread on that? :wink:
{Crap---I better hide all day tomorrow at school.}

Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

I have also tried several times today to put up an avatar and keep getting the error message. Have also emailed Dr. Tuner, but haven't heard back from her yet. My avatar will of course be Mickey Mouse.

And I didn't thnk this was like match.com or date.com or lets help out the only single guy in our class discussion board. I have already tried those and obviously that isn't working.

But anyway....desperate times call for desperate measures...so thanks amanda....and if anyone wants to know, there is a five year rule in play...the age range of 26 - 36...since I am 31...soon to be 32.

Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Hi you guys:

The maximum size for an avatar is 80X80 pixels, and 6K, so pretty small. But take a look at my avatar, which is a picture of myself and Dante, the golden retriever extraodinaire. I think it shows up pretty well!

By the way, there is a link on the bottom of the course description page to a page with all your photos, which you could use as avatars (wouldn't that be nice?) You'd have to resize them slightly, though.

Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

Dr. Turner has been putting up with my emails about the avatars and has worked very diligently to get them fixed. They are pretty neat. I like this message board much better than others that I have used in the past. 8)

Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:16 am
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

Okay, after numerous tries I think I have my picture, from ASU, posted in my profile. It is an awful picture and I plan on changing it ASAP. This is just a trial to see if I did it right.

Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:54 am
Site Admin

I'm with you, it IS a crummy picture, but so nice to see who's talking!

Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:49 am
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

:cry: Hey - I want to post a picture too! Can anyone help me? I have Dr. Schlagal tonight and there's a computer lab in the Educ. Building. Any volunteers?

Let me know - regina

Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:59 am
All-star
All-star

Hey Regina....I think you can do it. I have faith in you. :) Go to Profile. Go to the bottom of it and click browse. Find whatever picture you have saved and click on it. (Oh, I could have mentioned that first, huh?...Save a picture first.)

If that doesn't work, we'll find a lab during break and do it.

The biggest problem is saving a picture small enough.

Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]