View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Maxine Greene article 
All-star
All-star

I have just finished re-rading the Maxine Greene article and noticed some similarities between it, Dewey, and the Nickel and Dimed pieces. I think it would be great if we could teach progressively as Dewey wanted; I think it can be achieved to some degree, but there are certain elements, fundamentally, that students need to achieve on an individual level that they must attain in order to go on to another level. Can some stategies that have a progressive tendency be woven in to get results, I think so. The reality is that we have a curriculum to follow and with that, testing. Can we enlighten and give children the ability to allow possibilities - I hope so.

The Green, Dewry and Nickel and Dimed pieces all have the same thread intertwined, to shed light on elements in education that although we knew existed, brought a newness to it, it got me thinking!

Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:23 pm
All-star
All-star

Diane, I read it over the weekend. I think it's safe to say M. Greene is an advid reader. What didn't she connect her article to - -everything from The Color Purple to Dewey!

It was refreshing to see a solid connection between our current and previous assignments. I usually try to connect the readings myself, but it was nice to have it done for me!

Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]