View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 oh my god.... 
All-star
All-star

after spending a very sobering sunday listening to the horrors of the war, i tried to find some relief and picked up the last few chapter of ishmael. imagine my astonishment when i came to the chapter talking about the origins of the Takers... they lived in the land between the tigris and euphrates rivers....modern day Iraq.....i jumped on the net to find out more about the chalcolothic period and found many interesting tid bits including how the conflicts of this region started 3500 years b.c. and hostilities continue unto the present day.....

if this weren't enough page 174 brought into play the story of cain and abel.....very clever dr. turner....... the first murder story is now the longest runnning story on the world's stage.....and can be seen in its latest version in Baghdad.....

Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:20 pm
All-star
All-star

This seems to be the topic being discussed at home,school, work, everywhere... Those of us in Dr. Turner's class are seeing a lot of similarities between our readings and today's current events. We've always heard that HISTORY repeats itself.

Cindy

Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]