View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 changes 
All-star
All-star

i don't know about anyone else but i have found my emotions running up and down the scale with these readings. i have had feelings triggered that i did not know i had (grotonites, maxine greene) and it has been an interesting journey.
i have reaffirmed my stance and dedication to education as a means of social change and i have had to look long and hard at myself and see some strange things coming out of my mouth, and some odd views i didn't previously acknowledge i had.
i have enjoyed each and every one of you and found myself telling my workmates about our class and how it is always an exciting discussion. you are a great group.

most of all my husband thanks you for listening to me. he has enjoyed the break.
:lol:

Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:53 pm
All-star
All-star

I'm glad your husband has had a break. I'm driving mine crazy. I come home after class and tell him about our discussions. He just doesn't get it. I guess it's one of those things where you just have to be there. :lol:

Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:10 pm
All-star
All-star

Wow...I can't believe anyone has a husband that would listen to this stuff....Mine has me wait for commercials just to tell him what time I'll be home from school.

Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:45 am
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

I have had great discussions with my 18 year old son. This is the age where they know everything and have strong opinions, so I've enjoyed getting to see how he reacts to other perspectives. My husband thinks I want him to fix it, not just discuss it.

Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:28 am
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

Cathy, my husband is the same way. He is, however, going to read Savage Inequalities soon. (Although his idea of soon and my idea of soon are two entirely different matters!)

Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:55 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Airlie, I have enjoyed our discussion group as well, although I don't contribute that often. I'm glad that one of us, between you and myself, has the discussion bug. You have really brought up some interesting points during class. I'm like another responder, I go home and tell my husband what our discussions are about. And while he listens to me he often comments on how he can't believe some of the facts, good and bad, about the education system that he has learned. I am like you, though, in regards to the feelings and emotions that you've noticed about yourself. I too have come across old opinions that I thought were lost or locked away somewhere. The readings and discussions have really reopened my eyes to them. :roll:

Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]