View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Objectivity/"God's eye view" 
All-star
All-star

I believe that for an example of objectivity, the "God's eye view" and "T"ruth, you should look no further than Nathan Price! He definitely feels as if he and he alone knows what is right for everyone concerned. He also fits right in with the building metaphor, doesn't he? :shock:

Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:47 pm
All-star
All-star

Kathy, I certainly agree with you. He definitely rules the roost in that family. I think that in that era, early 60's, many women did not stand up for what they thought was right, but his wife, does speak her mind, every once and a while.

Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:10 am
All-star
All-star

That man really disturbs me. He brings his family to Africa. He tries to assert his holier than thou authority on everyone. I'm not sure he really thinks or cares about his family. He is terrible. I hope he gets eaten by a big snake or hungry lion. :x

DANA

Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:59 pm
All-star
All-star

You're right Kathy. Nathan Price certainly thinks he knows everything and that's how it is!!!

Cindy

Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:43 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

In reading I noticed that each time the girls were referring to their dad, the author put it in captial, "Our Father." This is the way I would, and many others, would write about God. To this family, it seems that they look to their dad as a god maybe because of his sternness towards them or his attitude that he wants things his way.

Did anyone else notice this?

Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:20 pm
All-star
All-star

That is a very good point. Nathan possessed a great deal of pride, however, I think alot of his "my way or no way" drive came from a past of pain as well as shame.

Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:54 pm
All-star
All-star

Yes, Eron, I did notice that! Adah in particular seems inclined to it the most!

Thu Apr 10, 2003 11:32 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Orleanna brought Ruth May outside on the table, after she had died. When it started to rain and Nathan started to baptize all the village children. He was so consumed by his own agenda ( and probably close to being insane) that he couldn't see how absurd his actions were. That moment summed up Nathan Price to me.

Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:11 pm
All-star
All-star

Dawn- I agree with you. I couldn't believe how he was still so consummed with his agenda while his own child lay there dead. I don't think he thinks of anything but himself in his own little world.

Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]