View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Charter Schools 
All-star
All-star

Okay I realize that this has absolutely nothing to do with our readings, but I need some input. I am meeting with a principal of a charter school tomorrow about a kindergerten positon for next year. The funny thing is I didn't even apply there he just got my name from some parents who recommmended me. It is much closer to home and everything I have heard so far is good, however does anyone have any advice one way or the other? I would appreciate any comments, I had all four of my impacted wisdom teeth removed Thursday morning and I haven't had much time to research the school. If I am interested I am planning on taking some time to observe some classrooms. Thanks for your help! :lol:

Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:46 pm
All-star
All-star

Sherrie, I don't know a lot about the Charter School in Denver, but my neighbor works at the Lincolnton Charter school and she really likes it. I know that doesn't help much, but that's about all I know about it except that they got a longer Spring break than we did. They were able to vote on whether they wanted to make up the missed days on Saturdays. I guess that's one advantage - being a smaller organization that the county school system, they seem to have more actual input into decisions affecting them than we do. (Even though with TQE we're supposedly making all these sight based decisions!)

Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:44 pm
All-star
All-star

Sherrie- wish I could help. I can't but I did want to say good luck! I know you have said you need a change for next year.

Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:37 pm
All-star
All-star

I think you might really like it. I don't have any info for you but I remember you mentioning that things aren't great at your current location. I just know that one of the reasons I love my job is that I love the people (parents, students, and especially other teachers) at my school.

You need to find that.

Good Luck with it! :)

Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

Sherrie, I don't know much about charter schools. However, a retired teacher from my school (30+ years in public schools) has been teaching at a charter school for several years and she loves it.

Cindy

Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]