View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Getting started... 
All-star
All-star

I must be a nerd because I absolutely love this idea of having a place to post messages about our readings.

My FAVORITE of the books and by far the easiest to read has been On (Not) getting By in America It is as though she is telling the story directly to you, and although the subject matter is serious, she is hilarious. Do we HAVE to do that one last?

My least favorite is Ishmael UGGGHHH. I just don't "get it". And much to my chagrin that book has a huge internet following.

The Big Test is making me looney.

The Poisonwood Bible is pretty good.

And Kozol's book is just infuriating and we should all rebel.

I have ordered Other People's Children from Barnes and Noble....you might want to go ahead and call them. It is hard to find. I haven't looked for Ender's Game yet.

Okay. I'll hush for a while and let someone else post.

Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:00 am
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

:D Thanks Dr. Turner for working your magic to get me activated in the system. This is going to be wonderful for communicating with each other about issues from the books we read. I wasn't sure if I would enjoy doing this part of the class (talking online), but I find myself excited to go to the forum to see who has posted topics and if anyone has replied to my threads. See you in class Wednesday.

Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:47 pm
All-star
All-star

:D This is alot cooler than I thought it was going to be. I approached it with fear and apprehension, but once you helped out, Dr. Turner, I found that I really wanted to get started!

Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:18 pm
All-star
All-star

I was wondering about something that is at the bottom of the screen about polls. I think it would be neat to have some polls on how we feel about some of this stuff. Is it something we can set up? Or not?

For example: In the past, how much have you looked at the CSI (or group IQ score--because basically, it really is a form of an IQ test) when wondering how a child should be doing? And then we could vote and see...

Or as another example: From now on, how much will you trust those scores? And there could be a score of 1-10 or something rating how how we feel.

Just wondering if it was possible.

Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Amanda, and everyone:

If you want to post a poll, I believe all you have to do is submit two or more poll options at the bottom of a post, with a title for the poll.

Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]