View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 audacity of the men 
All-star
All-star

reading The Big Test i am struck by many thoughts, but the thread that connects them is the total audacity of these men who think that the answer to everything is selecting, by whatever standards, the BEST THE BRIGHTEST, and assuming that becasue of the incredible i.q.'s of those selected everything will turnout beautifully. This has historically been a great mistake. washington thought that picking all harvard, and yale-ies to help run the viet nam war, safely from across the ocean of course, would insure victory. of course guys from princeton could outwit uneducated and untrained vietnamese natives. millions of bodies later it was proven otherwise.

the other angry thought i have is no thoughts were given to women or chinese, or spanish or polish or jewish or muslim or or or or... the first book deals with the mind set of white, protestant men only. of course history has shown how far their brilliant thinking has gotten america. we haven't won a war since world war II, we are trillions of dollars in debt, welfare is in an outrageous state and the top guys from enron can't even steal effectively. our preseident who is definitely a product of the white boys ivy league club even joked on tv. that he was a prime example of the good old boy system or he wouldn't have gotten into yale. he laughs about the crappy grades he made and says "see you don't have to be smart to be president." how incredibly obvious. bet ya $100,000,000 on the top of his application file it says "Son of George Bush- admit without question."

Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]