View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Ender-Ending 
All-star
All-star

The ending of the book was nice in that Ender does begin to forgive himself for killing all the buggers. The queen also forgives him. The sad thing is Ender still carrying the cocoon trying to find a peaceful world for the buggers to begin once more. This is still true for today. The world in in unrest and war is coming. What a world it would be if everyone could forgive and get along!

Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:37 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree. I just couldn't believe that the game Ender had been playing had actually been one of the Bugger's colonies. I'm just glad that Ender found a way to make peace with himself. It's truly sad that he was still looking for a place for the queen. I think that's a lot like our society today. If we don't understand someone else's view or opinions we seek to destroy them instead of trying to understand.
Michelle

Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:00 pm
All-star
All-star

:idea: Did you all know that this is one of a series? There's also Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, Children of the Mind, and Ender's Shadow. I don't know the chronology of these books but wouldn't it be fun to find out what happens?

:wink: I know, I know. WHO would want to read ANYTHING else after leaving this class, right? :lol: Just kidding (Gayle!). But I do think the sequel(s) would be worth checking out.

Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:53 pm
All-star
All-star

Regina, I think it would be pretty cool to find out the order of the other books and read some of them. We could have a summer book club. Of course we still don't know what other classes we will be taking. We may already have our summer reading selected for us. Oh well, just a thought!

Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:42 pm
All-star
All-star

You can check out the whole series on audio tape from the library. I have it...for the next ten days...but had finished the book before the tapes became available. The friendly little old lady at the library was so nice that I couldn't tell her I was finished with it and didn't need them. I don't enjoy science fiction and this book was ok, but I couldn't see myself reading the others. Maybe having them on tape might encourage me to listen to them to see what happens with Ender next.

Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:04 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

Randy, what's the order of the books? How long will you have the tapes? Did you listen to any of them?

I don't know if I would enjoy the text-on-tape experience. I'd have to try it out and see . . .

Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:33 pm
All-star
All-star

I enjoyed the ending as well. I was thrilled to know Ender and Valentine
spent their lives together finally and how they continued their writing
careers.

Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:19 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I thought the end of the book was great. That Ender was actually fighting the real battles, instead of just a game. I didn't think his teachers were to tough on him. Hey, he had to save the world! I felt sorry for Ender, in that he didn't feel he belonged emotionally to any one. Was it just me or did he and Valentine leaving together at the end remind you of the book "Flowers in the Attic". Brother/sisterly love :?

Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]