View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Without Sanctuary 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I know this is a bit random, but I was just wondering why the website was being taken down? The images and accounts are so disturbing and eye opening. As a southerner I feel like lynchings and lynch mobs are looked on as a stereotypically southern thing, but it was happening literally everywhere!! And to think this was considered entertainment?! It's so bizarre and mind-boggling!

Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:26 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I'm not sure why the websight was taken down. In my opinion I don't want to see it or read about it. I'm aware of what happened and am truely appauled. I don't want to continue to read about it and surely not look at actual photos. It is very disturbing to me as is any type of violence of unjustice. I feel the same way about other events in history such as the Holicost. However, I am not so nieve to believe there is still a need for others to see and understand our history. That is why images like these are in existance. These type of graphic imagages are sometimes the only way people really get the point.

Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:38 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree with you ladies that these pictures were disgusting. It is absolutely atrocious to me that someone would ever view a lynching as entertainment. I read a book called Leon's Story where Leon's father, an African American, was killed by a young white man. The young white man was never even taken to trial. His father just gave the family some money, as if that was suppose to make everything okay. I'm glad to know that kind of stuff doesn't go today.

Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:38 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I fully agree with you Nora. I can't imagine taking my kids to such a terrible sight. I find it hard to comprehend how people can be driven to commit such awful acts.

Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]